This verdant take on traditional gazpacho contains tons of good-for-you ingredients including three ripe avocados, garlic and coconut milk, and stores without browning thanks to fresh-squeezed lime juice. Simply place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender, process until creamy, pour into bowls and let your guests get creative with toppings. They’ll appreciate the fresh flavor and beautiful presentation, and dairy-free diners will love that there’s no cream, milk or butter.
- High speed blender, such as a Vitamin
- 3 ripe but not brown avocados, skins and seeds removed
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small handful of cilantro, stems removed
- zest of one lime
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups stock (chicken, or for vegan soup, use veggie stock)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
Optional topping ideas:
- salsa or pico de gallo
- smoked paprika
- bacon bits (omit for vegan dish)
- green onions
- cubed avocado
- blue corn tortilla chips
- Place avocados, garlic, green onion, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, stock, coconut milk, salt, pepper and smoked paprika in a blender.
- Blend on high until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Pour into bowls, top creatively and serve along with soy-free tortilla chips.