The perfect accompaniment to spicy Indian food is a cooling, creamy and sweet Mango Lassi. The traditional version, with yogurt and milk, is a no-go for people with dairy allergies and intolerances, but my version subs in coconut yogurt and oat milk and is just as delicious.
Read my post, “How to: Host a Dinner Party for People with (and Without) Food Allergies and Intolerances,” including a shopping list and recipes for an Indian-inspired dinner party featuring this recipe, plus Saag “Paneer” and Red Lentil Dal.
Please note: This post includes affiliate links to featured products for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of the links, I may receive a small commission, at zero extra cost to you. Win-win!
- 3 cups frozen mango
- 2 cups vanilla vegan, soy-free, nut-free yogurt (I used Harmless Harvest vanilla coconut yogurt)
- 2 cups gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free oat milk (I used Oatly)
- 4 tbsp agave nectar
- ⅛ tsp cardamom
- Add all ingredients in the order listed above to a blender (I used a Vitamix).
- Secure lid and blend until smooth. If the lassi is too thick, add more oat milk a little at a time until the mixture flows freely through the blender blades.
- Taste and adjust sweetness by adding more agave nectar.
- Pour into small juice or high ball glasses and serve immediately.