Some days – scratch that, most days – call for something comforting and delicious that takes minimal effort to prepare, pleases everyone and requires zero fancy ingredients. This recipe fits the bill, using mostly items you already have in your pantry plus some bright, fresh citrus, always available and delicious in winter months. Toss all of the ingredients in the same bowl that goes to the table, and dinner is served in a flash!
Please note: This post includes affiliate links to featured products for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of the links, I may receive a small commission, at zero extra cost to you. Win-win!
- Stock pot
- Citrus juicer
- Pasta bowl
For garnish (optional)
- Shaved Violife Just like Parmesan (contains coconut)
- Fresh oregano
- Boil gluten-free spaghetti according to package instructions, reserving ¼ cup pasta cooking water.
- Place Earth Balance, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper into a pasta bowl (or any large, heat-safe bowl).
- Pour ¼ cup hot, reserved pasta cooking water over the ingredients in the bowl and stir to allow the Earth Balance to melt and create a sauce.
- Drain pasta, pour it into the pasta bowl and coat with sauce.
- Serve hot with shaved Violife Just like Parmesan, fresh oregano if you have some on hand, hot pepper flakes and salt.