Marinating with a dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free yogurt does two wonderful things: It protects any fragile herbs and aromatics from burning when you grill, and yields a very tender, juicy result. I like to serve this with a lemony, gluten-free orzo and simple salad. Enjoy!
- Small mixing bowl
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free plain yogurt (I use Harmless Harvest Coconut Yogurt)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Place chicken breasts into a one-gallon freezer bag or other container.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken breasts and allow to marinate for at least two hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill, cooking on the first side for about 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken, then cook on second side for about 10 more minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
Make it a freezer meal:
- Follow steps one through three, but instead of marinating for two hours, label your freezer bag and freeze for up to three months.
- On the day you want to grill the chicken, defrost it, then follow steps four through seven above.