This recipe is as easy as puree, marinate, grill.
It’s packed with tropical, summery flavors and tastes delicious with a side of steamed jasmine rice and a simple salad. It also freezes beautifully if you want to make an extra portion for another night. Just place the raw chicken thighs in a freezer-safe bag or container, top with marinade and freeze until you’re ready to use it. Then, defrost, grill and voila! A delicious, no-fuss dinner.
- Mixing bowl
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup fresh mango, cubed
- zest of one lime
- 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp soy-free, gluten-free hot sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- Place the chicken thighs in a freezer-safe 1 gallon bag or container.
- Place mango, lime zest and juice, coconut aminos, canola oil, hot sauce, brown sugar, garlic cloves and salt into a blender or food processor.
- Secure lid and blend until a smooth puree forms.
- Pour marinade over chicken thighs, seal bag or container and marinate for at least four hours.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove chicken thighs from the marinade and place directly on grill.
- Close grill lid and allow to cook for about 10 minutes, then flip and grill for another 10 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
To make it a freezer meal:
- Follow steps one through four above, label your freezer-safe container with the name of the meal and freeze for up to three months.
- On the day you want to grill, defrost the chicken, then follow steps five through eight above.