It’s that weird seasonal weather transition between summer and fall, when we’re not quite ready to make soups and chilis, but there’s a chill in the air at night, and summer gardens are still chock full of ingredients like end-of-the-season zucchini and tomatoes. This spiralized zucchini noodle dish, with homemade pumpkin seed pesto, is just the thing.
If you don’t yet have a spiralizer, here’s a link to the Veggetti one I use – it’s just $15 on Amazon.
Want to be the first to get brand-new recipes like this one? Subscribe to my weekly e-newsletter and I’ll send you a printable ingredients substitution chart as a free thank you.
Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to featured products for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of the links, I may receive a small commission, at zero extra cost to you. Win-win!
Spiralized Zucchini Noodles with Tomatoes, White Beans and Pumpkin Seed PestoPrint Pin Rate
- Food processor or blender
- Large saute pan
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized (you can find an inexpensive spiralizer on Amazing; I'll link one in the description)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini or other white beans, drained and rinsed
Pumpkin Seed Pesto:
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed, plus a few extra leaves for garnish
- ½ cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 4 cloves of garlic
- juice of one lemon
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
Make the Pumpkin Seed Pesto:
- Place basil, pumpkin seeds, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper into a food processor or blender and pulse until a fine chop is achieved.
- Taste and adjust salt, pepper, olive oil or lemon juice until just right.
- Set aside.
Make the Zucchini Noodles:
- Place spiralized zucchini on a dish towel or paper towels and sprinkle liberally with salt. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes, then squeeze as much water out of the zucchini as possible.
- While the zucchini sits, add olive oil to a large sauté pan and turn heat to medium.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for about another 5 minutes until they're starting to break down a bit.
- Add cannellini beans and stir to combine, then add drained zucchini noodles and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Cook until noodles are tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of the pumpkin seed pesto and stir to coat.
- Taste, adjust seasonings, then divide into bowls and garnish with a bit more pesto and fresh basil leaves.