Featuring tender snap peas, asparagus and kale, this quick weeknight dinner is the stuff spring dreams are made of. The unique cooking method calls for adding the fresh produce right to the pasta cooking water during the last three minutes, and the sauce gets whipped up in a blender, then tossed with the pasta and veggies right in the serving bowl.
It’s the perfect thing to make when spring produce is at its peak, and easy enough for a busy weeknight dinner.
Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to featured products for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of the links, I may receive a small commission, at zero extra cost to you. Win-win!
- Large stock pot
- Large heat-safe bowl
- 1 pound gluten-free penne
- 1 cup snap peas, sliced in half on the diagonal
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch of dino kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan, soy-free, nut-free butter
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 small bunch fresh chives
- juice and zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the penne and cook per package instructions, and add the snap peas, asparagus and kale to the pot when there are three minutes left on the timer and stir.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta and vegetables in a colander.
- Add the vegan butter to a large, heat-safe bowl, then pour the hot pasta cooking water over top to melt the butter.
- To a blender, add the olive oil, chives, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper and oregano and process until well combined.
- Pour the drained pasta and vegetables into the large bowl with the butter and pasta cooking water, then pour the olive oil dressing over top and toss everything together to coat evenly.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired, then sprinkle with red pepper flakes for some heat.
2 thoughts on “This Gluten-Free Pasta is Chock-Full of Veggies”
Will be dinner tonight!
Can’t wait to hear how it turns out!