File this under “easiest cranberry sauce recipe ever.” The only ingredients you need are raw fresh cranberries, a couple of oranges and some sugar, but it delivers with delicious flavor and adds gorgeous color to your Thanksgiving table. Bonus: While it’s cooking, it makes your house smell extra festive.
Please note: This post may include affiliate links to featured products for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of the links, I may receive a small commission, at zero extra cost to you. Win-win!
- Large saucepan
- Citrus juicer
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (or you can use bottled)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 12-ounce bags of fresh cranberries
- zest of one orange
- pinch of salt
- Bring orange juice, water and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add cranberries, orange zest and salt and bring back to a boil, stirring often (cranberry skins will start to burst open at this point).
- Reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with more orange zest, and chill until you’re ready to serve (you can make this the night before to save time and stovetop space on Thanksgiving Day).