Studded with lime zest and garlic, the unique (vegan, soy-free) mayonnaise-based marinade for these grilled chicken thighs comes together in less than a minute and is deliciously flavorful. If you’ve never used a mayo-based marinade before, you’re in for a treat. It browns up beautifully and protects the lime zest and garlic from burning. Serve this with Rice Cooker Lime-Coconut Rice and a mixed green salad for a perfect and effortless summer meal.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup vegan, soy-free Mayo (I use Chosen's Vegan Mayo, which is made with avocado oil and chickpea broth)
- zest of two limes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Stir together vegan, soy-free mayonnaise, lime zest and garlic.
- Coat chicken with marinade and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes or up to 10 hours in the fridge (bring to room temperature before cooking).
- When you're ready to cook, preheat the grill.
- Grill chicken until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees, about 5 minutes per side.