When I was experimenting with this cheesecake, I dropped off a couple of slices to a dairy-intolerant friend of mine, and after tasting it, she called to make sure it didn’t have any butter, cream or cream cheese in it. When I assured her she was good to go, her next question was, “OK, what kind of wizard are you?” 😉
The only magic involved in this simple recipe is in the fact that it’s no-bake (saving precious oven space), can be made a day ahead, and looks way more time-intensive than it actually is. Just make sure you leave time to freeze, remove the spring form collar and let it thaw before serving.
Please note: This post may include affiliate links to featured products for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of the links, I may receive a small commission, at zero extra cost to you. Win-win!
- Gallon freezer bag
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
For the crust:
- 1 ¾ cup Kinnikinnick S'moreables graham crackers (this is equivalent to one full 8 ounce box)
- 6 tbsp melted soy-free Earth Balance (measure the 6 tbsp after the Earth Balance is melted)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
For the filling:
- 3 7.05-ounce packages of Violife Original Cream Cheese, brought to room temperature (you can find this at Whole Foods)
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup sugar
For the topping:
- 1 full container of defrosted So Delicious Cocowhip Coconut Whipped Topping
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Grease the bottom and sides of a springform pan with soy-free Earth Balance or coconut oil.
- Place graham crackers into a gallon freezer bag, seal, and pound with the flat side of a kitchen mallet until graham crackers are finely and evenly crushed.
- Place crushed graham crackers and remaining crust ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and mix with your hands to combine.
- Pour crust mixture into greased springform pan and press down with your hands so that an even layer covers the bottom of the pan.
- Place crust in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Place the filling ingredients into a large mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to whip until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator, pour the filling over the crust and use a spatula to spread the filling into an even, smooth layer.
- Spoon Cocowhip on top of the pumpkin filling layer and spread with a spatula or spoon to create an even layer.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place springform pan in the freezer for at least four hours (or overnight).
- At least three hours before you plan to serve the pie, remove it from the freezer and allow it to sit at room temperature until you are able to unlatch and remove the springform collar.
- Thaw completely at room temperature before serving.