I’ve posted videos of this easy, 20-minute, one-pot pasta to my Instagram page a number of times, and it’s always a hit, so I thought it was time to give it a permanent place on the blog.
To make it, you just place all of the ingredients in a large saute pan, cover with boiling water, bring to a boil and allow the pasta to soak up all of the delicious flavors. That’s it, dinner’s done, and only one pan to clean!
Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to featured products for your convenience. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may receive a small commission, at zero cost to you. Win-win!
- Large, heavy sauté pan with lid
- Tea kettle or 4-cup saucepan
- 1 lb. gluten-free penne, such as Jovial Brown Rice Penne
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup green olives, sliced
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 small shallot, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan, soy-free, nut-free butter, such as soy-free Earth Balance
- 4 cups water
- grated soy-free, nut-free parmesan substitute, such as Violife Just Like Parmesan (optional)
- Place a large saute pan on your stove and add the pasta, cherry tomatoes, green olives, lemon zest, capers, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper olive oil and vegan butter.
- In a tea kettle or saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Carefully pour the water over the ingredients in the saute pan, then carefully stir.
- Turn on the burner under the sauté pan and bring the water to a boil, then place the lid on top of the pan, tilted slightly, and boil for 10 minutes, lifting the lid carefully to stir often until pasta is al dente and a silky sauce forms.
- Top with grated Just Like Parmesan, if desired, and serve.