This simple salad, studded with ripe strawberries, vegan feta and snipped chives, is easy to throw together for dinner as an accompaniment to grilled food, and a great take-along to any summer gathering (I recently made a batch for a pool party, and it promptly vanished, loved by kids and adults alike).
The honey-dijon dressing is made from common pantry ingredients but is the star of the show: it’s tangy sweetness pairs perfectly with grilled chicken, steak, seafood and savory summer salads that may make their way onto the buffet, and it’s great with a crisp white wine.
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup Violife Just Like Feta, broken into small pieces
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- fresh mint, torn for garnish
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- zest and juice of one lemon
- splash of rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place spinach, strawberries, pumpkin seeds, vegan feta and snipped chives into a large salad bowl and toss to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Make the dressing: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice and zest and rice wine vinegar, then continue whisking as you slowly incorporate the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dress the salad with the dressing, toss, garnish with torn mint leaves and serve.